Monday, August 15, 2011

It's Been Awhile...

So...I haven't blogged in awhile. 

It's something I just kind of forgot about...mostly because I've been so busy.  I worked over 60 hours last week. 

I am back in my apartment now, which is nice, but I miss the students terribly.  I spent all of last week helping move in the new international students for this semester.  We had 200.  It was a busy week.  I even had to work some 3 AM shifts. Loooooong week.

School starts up again on Wednesday.  I can't decide if I'm ready or not.  I think it will be a nice change of pace after working my butt off all summer...but we'll see.  I'm a little bummed out...we recently found out that we won't be able to go to the Czech Republic.  Turns out there were some financial details we overlooked and there's just no way for us to come up with the money to go.  Instead, we are going to search for an internship...that way we might get paid for our international experience.

On the bright side, this gives me time to focus on learning some Japanese, which may come in handy since I'm kind of leaning towards a TESOL internship in Japan.  (Japanese and Czech at the same time might have made my head explode.)  Also, there are some new french speakers this semester, so I'll have some good opportunities to enhance my French skills.  

I'm hoping to have some more interesting posts in the upcoming weeks.  I'll be starting some cooking lessons and I've been making some pretty cute stuff lately.  For now, I just wanted to acknowledge the fact that I am still alive (even though I don't really have any readers) 

No comments:

Post a Comment