Thursday, May 26, 2011

Squishy


I'm sure you might be wondering what the thing standing next to me in this picture is.  This little guy's name is Squishy and he is by far my most prized possession.  He is a pillow that I've had since I was a baby and has undergone many transformations as far as his appearance is concerned.

He was originally a white birth certificate pillow, but he was kind of falling apart, so I put two new covers on him;  the black one, which you can kind of see as his "face" and the brownish-grayish-tannish color that is his "hair."  Unfortunately, those also started falling apart, so I started using patches to cover up the holes.  Later on, I decided to add on this polka dotted cover for extra protection, which is perfect because I can still see his face : )

Having been with me for my entire life, he's developed quite the personality.  His favorite color is green, he LOVES pizza, and enjoys dancing.  Yes, he has a personality.

I remember my parents telling me from the time I was about 12 that I was going to outgrow him and throw him away.  Well, here's to another year of proving them wrong.  I bet they are just thrilled.  Luckily, my boyfriend, Dakota, is very supportive of my quirky pillow love.  In fact, he's grown quite fond of the little guy himself.  A lot of people think it's odd that I'm still so attached to a stuffed companion from my childhood, but I don't mind.  I think it's nice to have a small piece of that time of my life still with  me.  I'm glad that adulthood hasn't completely wiped out my imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment