Saturday, July 9, 2011

MMORPG Love

So...I'm kind of a fan of video games.

My favorite game hands down is World of Warcraft.  I've been playing it for years now.  For those of you who are familiar with the game and might care, I play Horde.  : )  I'm a level 85 Undead Shadow Priest. 
I don't get a lot of time to play it right now because I'm so busy, but this weekend I've managed to cram in some WoW time.  However, one of Dakota's friends at work suggested that he try the game Rift, another MMORPG, so we tried it today.  

I just thought I might put in a little review of the game, despite the fact that chances are nobody will read this and even if they do, they probably don't care about video games at all.

Oh well.

Anyway, I enjoyed Rift, even though it largely ripped off WoW.  Almost every command is the same and the layout of the basic functions (spells, bags, etc.) is the same.  However, I think I prefer the graphics in Rift.  It has a much darker, more fantasy-oriented design the WoW, which tends to look more cartoon-y.  I also really like that you can choose a combination of 3 specs rather than 1.  This was probably the main thing I liked about it that was different.  It was refreshing.  You can go so many directions with your character.  I chose to be an Elementalist, with Pyromancer and Stormcaller as my secondary abilities.  Basically, it's like a combination of a Mage and a Shaman on WoW, plus you have an elemental pet that does not have a time limit on it.  It stays with you unless it dies.  It was pretty cool.  You also make money much faster on Rift.  Questing is pretty much the same.  I haven't gotten far enough to do any instances or raids, but I'm looking forward to it. 

Anyway, if you have been considering downloading the trial, I certainly recommend it.  I still think I prefer WoW (maybe just out of loyalty), but Rift is definitely a nice change for those times when you are in the mood for gaming, but kind of sick of WoW. 

I'm sorry if this post was completely pointless.  My nerdyness took over today.  : )  I should get some sleep..we have to get up and go to the water park tomorrow. *Sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment