Sunday, July 17, 2011

Week Six

I still can't believe it's almost over.

I think at this point I'm ready.  The lack of sleep from the past six weeks is finally catching up with me.  I'm exhausted all the time anymore.  A day off will be nice. 

The students have been busy with tests and studying lately.  We had a lot of Japanese food this weekend and watched the Women's Soccer World Cup:  Japan vs. USA.  I thought the screaming would never stop when Japan won.

I have a lot of adventures ahead of me still.  On the 29th I will say goodbye to all of the new friends I've made this summer (except the one student who is staying).  I'll have a few days' break before all of the international students come for the fall semester.  Then classes start.  I'll be spending most of the semester preparing for my trip to the Czech Republic in the spring.  I also have a small bucket list of things I want to do that semester.  I'm definitely going to be getting a tattoo, taking some Japanese cooking lessons from my friend Aki, and visiting Sunflower Mountain, the highest point in Kansas.  I'm looking forward to it.  Fall is my favorite season. 

In the meantime, I have 12 more days with these students.  They've inspired me to try to learn a little Japanese and possibly spend a summer in Japan.  If I can find a summer teaching English job there, I'll definitely go for it : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment